Friday, April 21, 2006

Gracias for the Gratis

The good folks hosting the Green Apple Music Festival planted some great free shows on Vanderbilt Avenue outside Grand Central Station today...Here's what the scene looked like over there:

As to be expected with free shows, the scene was peppered with pushy vendors giving out free shit. The Vonage Girl gave me some kind of seeds in a small packet, wishing me a "Happy Birthday from Vonage." On second thought, maybe she said "Happy Earth Day." I just got that right now, I swear.

But my favorite exchange played out during Grace Potter's set, when the Netflix Girl tried to give me a coupon of sorts.

Netflix: "Here, have a coupon from Netflix."
Ace: "Sorry, I hate movies. They fucking suck. All of 'em."
Netflix: "Wow, really? How can you hate movies?"
Ace: "They're all terrible. Man, I really hate movies."
Netflix: "Capote was good."
Ace: "I heard that."
Netflix: "So take this."
Ace: "You sold me. Good work."

I took the coupon, but I've since thrown it away. Still, I left with a new friend.

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, the Hybrid Bus)
To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, the Hybrid Bus)


Much like the Phish on Letterman marquee in 2004, seeing music on New York City streets might be my favorite pastime. I'll tell ya, big buildings as a backdrop = sweetness.

Hopefully the rain holds off Saturday and I can hit this place again for Bela Fleck and Assembly of Dust.

2 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, Blogger cv writing service said...

It was really amazing and lovely to read this blog and seeing the pictures. Things of these type really make life so much pleasant and lovely. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sophie Grace said...

I read that Post and got it fine and informative. Please share more like that. Go to link 192.168.l.254 to look for 192.168.1.1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home